Sunday, June 2, 2024

HARDLY, BARELY, AND ACCORDINGLY

 


Hardly, barely, and accordingly, I took a grail;
I step back; I take one step in another rail.
That tortured mind's department: not me being sane,
Learned the hard way my mishaps in the role I play.

I weep in solitude and engrave in my crest.
In my loudest silence, I grit and do my best.
Not so sure, I took a map to sail at west.
Little by little, got aptest in fortitude of zest. 


As I step back from people, create a finer line, and find solitude in being dejected, I realized that people are the nicest when you have everything and when you just nod with their wishes. BUT you will be easily discarded at your lowest point. They will count your mistakes and forget your good deeds and sacrifices. I was there for people, and even if I didn't, I was not the one who make someone else's life miserable. Just what I thought. 

As people blend their own kind of personal connections, I realized that it couldn't be equated with professionalism at work. Sometimes, it hinders with work as the voice of the minority who properly channeled an innovative idea, but got shamed because, nobody wants to do it or perhaps a resistance to change. I was stuck with a feeling, ah, I cannot do something I only wish even if it for the common good. Maybe, I was disappointed. For my inconvenience, nobody will be with me. But if it theirs, I have to be involved. 

AND so, I just engraved it in my heart to deal with people.

HARDLY. Never overshare. Just talk when needed so you won't be shamed. 

BARELY. Do the bare minimum. Even you do something out of passion, people will keep their invalidations and reciprocity is a sad word. 

APPROPRIATELY. Your social battery is not limited. Even rechargeable batteries can get busted. Companionship and professionalism are two different entities. Know your place around people. Your inclusion can be just a trap so others can get the best of you. 

As they say, we do not overplay our roles with people so we won't be easily disappointed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

"Ang Huling Sulat sa Pisara" Isinulat ni Ahrby R. Estarez "Nandito na siya!" Ang palaging hudyat ng pagsisimula Muling b...